An extra day at Union Glacier Camp for our Mount Vinson Team Two. Inadequate landing weather at Union Glacier forced the delay of the flight between Punta Arenas and Union Glacier until at least tomorrow. Guide Terray Sylvester lets us know how they have been staying busy:
Today we woke up to light snowfall and low lying clouds, so the flight from Punta Arenas was unable to make into the ice, but tomorrow’s weather look better, so our fingers are crossed that our next team of climbers will be able to arrive and this team of climbers will be able to fly back North.
To keep ourselves busy today there were two talks: one on penguins in Antarctica and another on Roald Amundsen’s historic trip to the South Pole. We also got some exercise in on the 10k walking, biking, running loop here at camp.
We’ll be in touch tomorrow!
In addition to these expedition dispatches, you can also follow our teams as they make their attempts on the world’s most formidable mountains on:
- Enable the skill and add to your flash briefing to hear our guide’s daily audio expedition updates on select expeditions