Medical evacuation insurance is required for all Madison Mountaineering international programs and we highly recommend that you also obtain trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may occur during or before our trip.
Madison Mountaineering has partnered with the following travel insurance providers to offer you flexibility and options when choosing your insurance to meet your needs.
Madison Mountaineering strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance to protect against losses from cancellation due to unforeseen events. Madison Mountaineering has partnered with Redpoint Resolutions as our preferred travel insurance provider. Redpoint’s Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™ is a one-stop integrated travel protection program designed for adventurers.
Critical benefits of Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance include:
- A completely integrated program with a single point of contact for emergency services, travel assistance, and insurance claims
- Evacuation and rescue services from your point of injury or illness to your hospital of choice
- Comprehensive travel insurance for trip cancellation/interruption, primary medical expense coverage, baggage loss or delay, emergency accident and emergency sickness medical expense, emergency dental, accidental death and dismemberment, and more
- Optional security evacuation coverage in case of an unplanned natural disaster or other security events
- Waiver for pre-existing conditions (must be purchased within 14 days of tour deposit)
- Optional “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage (must be purchased within 14 days of tour deposit)
For a quote, or to purchase travel insurance, please click the Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™ logo above, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1-415-481-0600. Pricing varies based on age, trip cost, trip length, and level of coverage.
Travel to Antarctica and the North Pole are excluded from coverage unless a Polar Upgrade is purchased. Please contact Redpoint for a quote including the additional Polar Upgrade. Please mention that you are traveling with Madison Mountaineering and include the details of your expedition.
MADISON MOUNTAINEERING STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT YOU ENROLL WITH GLOBAL RESCUE PRIOR TO EMBARKING ON YOUR TRIP.
Medical and security emergencies happen. When they do, we rely on Global Rescue, the world’s leading membership organization providing integrated medical, security, travel risk and crisis response services to our travelers worldwide. Without a Global Rescue membership, an emergency evacuation could cost you more than $100,000. That’s why over 1 million members trust Global Rescue to get them home when the worst happens. Don’t travel without Global Rescue.
Memberships start at $119.
GLOBAL RESCUE MEMBERSHIP
- Medical Consultation services 24/7/365 with critical care paramedics, nurses and physicians, and an exclusive relationship with the Johns Hopkins Emergency Medicine Division of Special Operations
- Field Rescue from the point of illness or injury for any serious medical emergency
- Evacuation back to the member’s home hospital of choice
- Security Extraction from natural disasters, terror attacks and civil unrest
- Travel Intelligence and event monitoring from our team of in-house analysts
- GPS Tracking & Communication through our mobile app
GLOBAL RESCUE PROVIDES THE MOST COMPLETE MEDICAL, SECURITY AND EVACUATION MEMBERSHIP AVAILABLE FOR TRAVELERS.
AIG Travel Guard offers three levels of coverage for trip cancellation/interruption, including a ‘cancel for any reason’ option. To meet the medical evacuation requirement, you can purchase the Travel Guard MedEvac Per Trip Plan with Adventure Sports Coverage.
- The Platinum Plan is for travelers who want a comprehensive package of travel insurance coverage and assistance services. The Platinum Plan also covers for pre-existing medical conditions and carrier financial default. You can also upgrade your Platinum Plan to include optional coverages like Cancel for Any Reason, Cancel for Work Reasons, and Medical Evacuation home or to the hospital of your choice!
- The Gold Plan is our most popular package of travel insurance & assistance services. Offering comprehensive coverage for individual travelers and families, this plan includes children 17 and under covered at no additional cost! If you purchase within 15 days of initial trip deposit, this plan provides additional coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and carrier financial default. Optional coverage upgrades include Cancel for Any Reason, Cancel for Work Reasons, and Medical Evacuation home or to the hospital of choice.
- The Silver Plan is for travelers and families who want basic comprehensive coverage and access to our 24-hour emergency travel assistance services. This plan provides even more coverage when purchased within 15 days of initial trip payment, including coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and carrier financial default. Each child 17 and under is covered at no additional cost for each adult that purchases this plan.
- The Travel Guard MedEvac plan can provide worldwide travel medical and evacuation coverage for trips up to 364 days in length. MedEvac can cover the cost to transport you to the hospital of your choice or home if medically necessary and can cover any qualified accompanying medical expenses you may incur. MedEvac also includes optional adventure sports and baggage coverage. MedEvac is our recommended plan for travelers applying for a Schengen Visa.