Benny is a dedicated alpine climber, expedition leader, and mountain guide living in Alaska. He began climbing & guiding full time in 2016 after radically redesigning his life- leaving a Product Design background for a life in the mountains. Since then he has led more than 20 expeditions to summits on five continents with a particular focus on remote Alaskan Alpinism, resulting in first ascents of technical lines isolated in the wilderness. Benny’s exploratory alpine climbing has been featured in many publications including the American Alpine Journal. During the Alaskan winters, Benny passionately pursues ephemeral frozen waterfalls & develops mixed routes. With design in his pocket, he works with brands in the outdoor industry on product development through rigorous field testing efforts. Benny’s relentless fire for big wild places continues to drive him to many of the world’s great ranges- both known & unknown.
- Free Solo of Moose’s Tooth via Ham & Eggs (Alaska).
- Free Solo of Artesonraju via South Face (Peru).
- First Ascent of Peak 9,250’ via “DeWilde Style.” AI4+ 700m. Hayes Range, Alaska.
- First Ascent of “Longing For Light.” AI5 850m. Mt Moffit, Hayes Range, Alaska.
- First Ascent of “Pillar of God” WI6. Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska.
- First Ascent of “King Arthur” M7 WI5+. Knik River, Alaska.
- Lhotse Expedition Leader & Guide
- Manaslu Expedition Leader & Guide (2 expeditions)
- Ama Dablam Expedition Leader & Guide (3 expeditions)
- Development of 20+ mixed routes in Knik River, Alaska.
- Mountain Hardwear Athlete
- Protect Our Winters Climb Team Member
- Wilderness First Responder
- Adult/Child CPR, AED, & Airway Management
- AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Course