Tag: Madison Mountaineering


Our main team of climbers has reached the summit of Mount Everest at 5:00 am(1st Group) & 6:35 am (2nd Group) today (18th March)!
Team Members: Mr. Garrett Madison, Mr. Joshua Joseph Miller, Mr Randolph Kidder Luskey(1st Group)
Mr. Conan Tundra Bliss , Mr. Matthew David Kernan, Mr. Tym Douglas Blanchard, Mr. David Scott Landman, Mr. Sidney McCord Pattinson(2nd Group)
Mountaineering Guides: Mr. Siddhi Bahadur Tamang , Mr. Mingma Sherpa, Mr. Ang Phurba Sherpa(1st Group)
Mr. Pasang Tenzing Sherpa , Mr. Pas-Dawa Sherpa , Mr. Lakpa-Dendi Sherpa , Mr. Sher-Bahadur Thapa Magar, Mr. Mingma Shona Sherpa (2nd Group)
They reported good conditions and are on their way down to the South Col high camp , if possible then to the Camp 2 ,where they will spend the night.
Kenton & the team fly to Kathmandu this morning .


The main team of climbers with guides Garrett, Conan, & Sid are resting at the South Col high camp (Camp 4) in the saddle between Mount Everest and Mount Lhotse. They are preparing to depart for the summit around 7:30 PM tonight (Nepal time) in the hopes of reaching the summit early on May 18th.
Kenton, Ben, & Mark with our Sherpas headed down safely at Everest base camp and will move Kathmandu tomorrow .
The team of Ant and Ed safely arrived at Kathmandu today.

 


More summits from our team on Mount Everest! Today Kenton, Ben, Mark, along with our Sherpas made the summit of Mount Everest and reported great conditions, and are now safely in South Col . They will spend tonight there and will head down tomorrow to Camp 2 .
Our main team of climbers with Garrett, Conan, & Sid are heading up to Camp 4 today, climbing up the steep ice of the Lhotse Face and over the Yellow Band and the Geneva Spur. Their plan is to rest tomorrow and go for the summit push on evening of May 17th , if the weather gets good.
The Team of Ed & Ant are safely on their way down to Everest base camp.

The main Everest team is at camp 3, with guides Garrett, Conan, Sid with climbers Josh, Matt, Randy, Tym and David, everyone is doing well. We had a great day with nice weather climbing from our Camp 2 to Camp 3 on the Lhotse Face. The total climb took us about 5 hours, and after moving into camp 3 we had some soup and have been rehydrating, and enjoying the views from this spectacular location.

We had the pleasure of seeing our advance team of Everest climbers Ed & Ant as they descended the Lhotse face after their successful summit of Mount Everest yesterday with 4 of our amazing climbing Sherpas. They were a little tired which is to be expected and but were in good spirits as they made their way down the Lhotse face to our camp 2 where they will spend the night, and descend to our Everest base camp tomorrow.

Our second team of Kenton, Ben, and Mark decided to rest today at the South Col high camp (Camp 4) with their Sherpas and they are planning to start their climb tonight! Fingers crossed they have good weather.


Our team of Ed & Ant along with our Sherpas Dawa & Sangbu have reached South Col and staying tonight there! They have good conditions and are planning to come down tomorrow at Everest Basecamp.
Our second team of Kenton, Ben, & Mark are planning to move up from Camp 3 to Camp 4 today in preparation for their summit attempt!
Our main team of Garrett, Conan, Sid, Matt, Tym, David, Josh, & Randy are resting in Camp 2 and evaluating the weather conditions and preparing to head up to Camp 3 for the summit push tomorrow.


Finally First Team Member(Climbers) to reach 2018 Everest Expedition From Madison Mountaineering Team, after our Sherpas fixed the rope yesterday.

Time of Climb – 8:50 am 14th May 2018

Team Member : Mr . Anthony Peter Michael Andrew Middleton(UK) , Mr. Edmund Philip Wardle(UK)

Mountaineering Guide : Mr Dawa Phinjo Lama, Mr Phurba Ridar Bhote , Mr Kul Bahadur Thapa Magar, Mr Sangbu Bhote


Rope Fixing Team Member : Pasang Tenzing , Lakpa Dendi Sherpa , Pas Dawa Sherpa , Tenzing Gyalzen, Datuk Bhote ,Pemba Sherpa, Jenjen Bhote, Siddhi Bahadur Tamang.

Our Sherpas worked very hard today to break trail through waist deep snow and some strong winds to establish the climbing route to the summit of Mount Everest! They are now back at the south sol high camp (camp 4).

We are happy that our team made the first summit of Mount Everest in 2018, and now hopefully many other climbers will be able to follow the route safely to the summit over the next week if good weather.

Tonight our main team of climbers are heading up to Camp 2 on our “Mount Everest summit rotation”, then we will assess the weather and monitor the progress of our Sherpas who are doing the rope fixing from the South Col high camp (Camp 4). Some of our climbers (advance team) have moved up to Camp 3 on the Lhotse Face in preparation for an early summit just after the rope fixing project is completed, as May 13th and May 14th look like perfect summit days. Our second team of climbers is in Camp 2 at the moment and preparing to climb to Camp 3 tomorrow.
The last few days have been very windy on Mount Everest, however, this upcoming weather window looks very reasonable for making summit attempts! Our main team of climbers is eyeing a later weather window sometime between May 17-19, as we are in no need to rush up the mountain because we have plenty of resources, time, and energy to choose what we think will be the best summit day with the least amount of climbers from other teams on the route. Last year we summitted Mount Everest on May 23rd and had the entire route to ourselves as no other teams decided to climb that day. We hope we are fortunate enough to again have a good summit day where we can enjoy the solitude of the mountain and the spectacular views from the top! We look forward to climbing up the Lhotse Face and onward to the Camp 3, the Yellow Band, Geneva Spur, to the South Col high camp (Camp 4)! Then preparing for the final climb to the summit of Mount Everest!

Our rope fixing team of Sherpas at the South Col high camp (Camp 4) made great progress yesterday fixing lines all the way up to the balcony. Today the winds were very strong on Mount Everest and they had to stay in high camp (Camp 4) because conditions were not suitable for climbing or rope fixing. Our plan is for them to continue fixing lines tomorrow as the weather looks much better and hopefully they will make it all the way to the summit of Mount Everest, thereby opening the route for all teams here on Mount Everest wishing to make a summit attempt!

Last night at around 3 AM we had an exhilarating electrical storm here on Mount Everest complete with lightning, thunder, then a few inches of snowfall. Today our advanced climbing team (Ed & Ant) moved up from Everest base camp and will stay at Camp 2. The ‘Everest Link’ Internet WiFi system that most of the climbers here in Everest base camp rely upon was knocked out by a lightning bolt, so repairs are under way and hopefully the system will be back up and working again soon!
All of our climbing Sherpas are up in camp 2, and it was a good thing today because the winds have been very high at camp 2 and many teams had tents damaged or completely blown away. Fortunately our Sherpas were able to secure and protect our tents in camp 2 from blowing away.
Our plan is to reevaluate the weather tomorrow and see if rope fixing to the summit is reasonable over the next few days given the weather forecast, hopefully the winds will die down in the near future and make climbing possible.
Our main team of climbers is tentatively planning to move up from Everest base camp to camp 2 on May 11th and then take a rest day at camp 2 and reassess the weather, route conditions, and feasibility of making a summit attempt. Everyone here in base camp is doing well and resting up for our final rotation, our attempt at the summit of Mount Everest!

Our team of Sherpas left Everest base camp early this morning and climbed to Camp 2, twenty two Sherpas in all. They will rest tomorrow and then 6 of our Sherpas along with 2 from Adventure Consultants team will head up to the South Col high camp (Camp 4), as long as the winds die down, and then begin the final stage of the rope fixing project to the summit of Mount Everest. Our plan is to have the route finished to the summit by May 12th, weather pending. Usually when the first climbers are setting the route to the summit they have to break trail through waist deep snow, and set the anchors and climbing rope along the route. The first stage will be to move to the South Col and establish camp, the second stage will be to fix ropes up the Triangular Face to the Balcony (27,500 ft. / 8333m), and the third stage will be to fix ropes from the Balcony up the South East ridge to the rock bands just below the South Summit of Mount Everest, over the South Summit, and then along the summit ridge to the top of Mount Everest! We hope the weather and route conditions will be favorable for our Sherpas as they work hard to establish the final section of the climbing route to the top of the mountain for our team and all teams on Mount Everest, so that all climbers may have the opportunity to climb safely and efficiently.

Our climbers are all now in Everest base camp and some who took a 4 day rest in Namche are back now so we are all together as we make final preparations for our summit attempt! We are checking our equipment and readying our minds and bodies for this epic challenge, the culmination of our last 6 weeks here in Nepal. In the next couple of days we will be moving up to Camp 2 (our Advanced Base Camp) and from their we will reassess the summit rope fixing progress, the weather forecast, the mountain conditions, and make a final decision on moving up to the higher camps on schedule for our summit attempt!

Translate »