Hanging tight for good weather at Camp 2!

Audio dispatch via satellite phone this evening from K2 Camp 2:

Hello this is Garret calling in for the K2 expedition. Today is July 19th and we have been sitting tight at Camp 2 today. We had some snow last night so we decided to stay here at Camp 2. [garbled] And let’s see if we might get good weather in the forecast. So our plan, tentatively, is to move up to Camp 3 tomorrow. We will take a look at the forecast and conditions tomorrow when we get up and have breakfast around 06:00 AM and hopefully we’ll be moving to Camp 3! Everyone’s doing well here and we will check in soon. Thanks!

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.